The Verbolia pages are hosted on Verbolia's backend servers, and via a reverse proxy we make sure the Verbolia pages are seen (by end users, Google,...) as part of your domain, only extended with a proxy path (client.com/path/)...
..but because initially Verbolia pages actually don't have any link with your website and they don't appear in your sitemap, we need to make sure Google understands that the Verbolia pages are nevertheless an important part of your domain.
There are three ways to link Verbolia pages to your domain, in order of positive impact:
- Add links to Verbolia pages in your website's menu
- Add a linking script in the html code of your website's category pages and PDP
- Add a linking script to your category pages and PDP via GTM
The most efficient solution, which will bring the best results, is to add Verbolia links to your website's menu (1) in combination with adding the linking script to your category pages and product detail pages (2 or 3).
We provide our customers with a 'linking script' which we ask to implement on the category pages and product detail pages, that will generate a linking block at the bottom of these pages, containing 10 links to Verbolia pages.
The script to include will be available after customization and the code to include will be of the type:
- 'client.com' is replaced by your own hostname, and
- '/path/' is replaced by the agreed routed url pattern (eg. /v/ or /vp/ or...).
- The current url
- A search term as “st”
- A relevantSize (number of links relevant to search term)
- A smartSize (number of links with the least GoogleBotVisits)
How to include the Linking Widget?
- If you are using a CMS like Magento, Shopify, or a custom platform, transfer this information to the team in charge of the front-end design to include this script on every page, directly in the HTML code of your application.
- Via Google Tag Manager, simply copy/paste the line above as a custom HTML tag.